Palmer and Burgess Exsulta Fillia
  • Does a full Gregorian (not psalm-toned) version of this communio exist in the P&B books? I can't seem to find one.
  • I'm not seeing one. Could be wrong of course. They set "in splendoribus" for Christmas Day mass.
  • Richard MixRichard Mix
    In this thread I've pointed out an index, still awaiting a crowd-sourced expansion. I don't think though that I've missed any Marian feasts.

It seems to me that I've sung something different at 8:00 than at 11:00 AM: maybe I'll find something in the closet tomorrow. And today I see that I've done something on the fly: my Gregorian Missal has the first letter of most syllables pencilled in.
  • CGM
    looks like the entire Christmas: Mass at Dawn has been omitted from the Palmer/Burgess Plainchant Gradual.
    Thanked by 1ServiamScores
  • CGM
    ...however, that solemnity is included in Paul Ford's American Gradual, so I've excerpted the chant in question and attached it here.
    Thanked by 1Richard Mix
  • CGM
    FYI, the American Gradual may be freely downloaded here.
  • Those are great. However, I work at an Ordinariate parish, so the expectation is that I'll use that brand of English translations, rubrical allowances aside.
  • davido
    Sounds like an opportunity for trenntonjconn to expand the available Ordinate chant repertoire.
  • Time to play with GABC.
  • Is there a freely accessible source for the Ordinariate texts available online?

Back in 2016, I started adapting the new Ordinariate Missal, a project that didn't get far. This is what I came up with. I was working from a draft of the texts, so the attached may not be accurate. I also attach a PDF of the whole of Christmas Mass at Dawn that I came up with.
  • That appears to be the correct translation! Thank you. I'm not sure whether or not the translations are readily available online.
  • Richard MixRichard Mix
    Though still a work in progress, William Renwick's Sarum Missal in English has propers for the Mass at Sunrise including a sequence. Exulta filia is on page 110.
    Thanked by 1trentonjconn
  • William Renwick's Sarum Missal in English

Oohhh. This is interesting.
    Thanked by 1ServiamScores