Searching for a great parish north of Seattle...
  • AnnaK
    Hello everyone. We are searching for a parish to call home north of Seattle, Washington. We are looking in the Skagit and Whatcom counties and that general area. I'm a little particular with the music I'm willing to tolerate during mass. My preference is for a parish with an organ, no other instruments used during mass (unless it's an orchestral instrument used to complement the organ). We'd love to be at a parish where the priest is liberal with the use of incense, Gregorian chant is the norm (but we're not looking for a Latin mass), receiving the Eucharist on the tongue is allowed, etc. I hope that gives a general impression of the parish we are searching for. I'm also a cantor and would love to either cantor or join the existing choir. And finally we have young children and would love to be at a parish where we can meet other families (and lovely singles/couples too!) and in particular homeschooling families. Does anyone have a parish in mind for us? Thank you for reading this lengthy post.
    Thanked by 1DavidOLGC
  • francis
    We'd love to be at a parish where the priest is liberal with the use of incense, Gregorian chant is the norm (but we're not looking for a Latin mass), receiving the Eucharist on the tongue is allowed, etc. I hope that gives a general impression of the parish we are searching for.
    Curious. Why would you not look for a Latin mass community? Everything you describe here would be at a traditional TLM parish. What is this dividing line that hangs in the balance for you?
  • CGM
    There's Blessed Sacrament... but it's IN Seattle.
  • rich_enough
    This site, ReverentCatholicMass.com, might help.
  • Heath
    I second Blessed Sacrament...I have a former student who sings there and the music is EXCELLENT.
  • Richard R.
    You might look at St. Mary's, Anacortes.