A prayer on Halloween
  • since the requested CMAA novena ends before Halloween, here is a prayer for use on that day - or any day

>> You who read this, whosoever you may be, resolve to say the following little prayer every morning and evening:
    O Holy and Immaculate Virgin Mary, offer to the Eternal Father the Precious Blood of thy Divine Son for the intention that one mortal sin may be prevented this day (or this night). [One mortal sin averted, for the glory of God.]
    Taken from DEVOTION TO THE PRECIOUS BLOOD (TAN Books and Publishers)
  • We've been praying the Act of Reparation to the Sacred Heart, for the Protestant Rebellion.
  • Shouldn't your title say, "A prayer on All Hallow's Eve" or "A prayer on the Eve of All Saints."

Personally, I believe all true Christian, of whatever denomination, should be praying everyday in regards to the demonic takeover that has been and is occurring in all churches worldwide; and especially in the Roman Catholic Church and Anglican Communion Churches. The great apostasy has been going on for many decades and many many church musicians and others, fail to see, recognize, admit or even understand.

Over all, the musical, liturgical and doctrinal situations in churches worldwide is not and WILL NOT get better as a whole. One has only to read and STUDY the bible and its prophecies to know what the future holds. WAKE, AWAKE YE SLEEPERS! Pray.
  • *sigh* this reminds me so much of a coworker (a self appointed 'preacher') who did not permit me to mention Christmas Midnight Mass or Christmas Day Mass on the grounds that there was no such event as Christmas.

"Halloween" is a modernization of Hallow E'en, which is All Hallow's eve; but as the term is used nowadays, Halloween is the problematic celebration of evil which needs especial prayers. YOU know, Black Mass and all that.
    Or at the very least, immodesty or blasphemy poorly disguised as humor.
    If I had to hazard a guess, I'd guess that those attending adult "Halloween parties" are not likely dressing up as saints.
  • I meant no negative criticism. I am in full support of the spirit, tone and tenor of your message. Yes, I am in full knowledge of the term and history of Halloween and its corruption. I just think that perhaps many people might not so familiar with its true pedigree and would instead conjure up its modern interpretation.

As for myself, I will be joining you in prayer during this time.
  • I'll be leaving a "special announcement" (a la Martin) at my local Lutheran parish this Tuesday.

• >> You who read this, whosoever you may be, resolve to say the following little prayer every morning and evening:
    O Holy and Immaculate Virgin Mary, offer to the Eternal Father the Precious Blood of thy Divine Son for the intention that one mortal sin may be prevented this day (or this night). [One mortal sin averted, for the glory of God.]
    Taken from DEVOTION TO THE PRECIOUS BLOOD (TAN Books and Publishers)