Help finding a setting for Missal Antiphon for John 10:14
  • Hello, colleagues, I'm Tommy from New Orleans.
    I have an antiphon in my head, almost an ear-worm this morning as it's running through my mind, and will haunt me until I see it on paper.

It's a setting of next Sunday's (25th Sunday in Ordinary Time) Communion Antiphon. I THINK it's from Richard Clark, but can't find anything here in my office at work. I don't think it's a Charles Thatcher piece
    "I am the Good Shepherd, Alleluia. I know my sheep and my own know me, Alleluia, alleluia."

Aristotle Esguerra has a very similar setting in his Choral Graduale Simplex, but it's not the same one.

I know this is a long shot, since I only have the melody in my head. I may have copies up in Church, but I want to make certain so I can go ahead and choose it.

The "oo" sound on all three instances of "alleluia" is two notes on the one syllable. I apologize for my vagueness

I'm grateful and apologize, too, for the amateurishness of the post.
    Tommy
    Thanked by 1Richard J Clark
  • chonakchonak
    Any chance it might be Sr Theophane Hytrek's setting of a similar antiphon?
    https://soundcloud.com/paul-j-murray-2/i-am-the-good-shepherd-psalm-23-sr-theophane-hytrek
  • By Flowing Waters, 158 (the processional chants of the Graduale Simplex are interchangeable).
  • It isn't Sr Theophane Hytrek's setting. But that is lovely.
  • Liam
    RJC does indeed have such an antiphon, if my memory serves, but I don't have the music.
  • I know I've used it, but it must be upstairs in church.
  • Liam
    I remembered something rattling in the overstuffed attic of my head, for which you can thank me:

http://gottasinggottapray.blogspot.com/2016/06/privileged-to-have-celebrated-with.html

It's right there in the middle of the third image...in case you missed it.
    Thanked by 1RedPop4
  • chonakchonak
    Richard Rice has a setting of this in his "Choral Communio for download" at lulu.com:
    1414 x 1388 - 163K
    Thanked by 1RedPop4
  • That's nice, too, thanks, Chonak.
  • chonakchonak
    Have you determined whether the version you heard was the Clark setting (without the alleluias)?
  • I have attached my Antiphon II for the 25th Sunday in Ordinary Time. Translation from RM 3rd Ed. I will also attach congregation insert. I have composed settings for all of Ordinary Time and Feast Days.Been waiting upon WLP to publish (They have already published Advent, Christmas, Lent, and Easter.)

The article from Dr. Jerry Galipeau that Liam posted references an antiphon that is VERY similar in text, but not quite the same. It is from the 12th Sunday in Ordinary Time.
    Thanked by 2Liam RedPop4
  • Congregation insert for 25 Ord
    Thanked by 2Liam RedPop4
  • Tommy, I'm quite certain the one you are referencing is this one. Text from Graduale Romanum--not Roman Missal 4th Sunday of Easter--hence the Alleluias. Again, very similar. Here's the score + Congregation inseert
    Thanked by 3CGM Liam RedPop4
  • Thank you all, folks, special thanks to Richard. The last post is the one, I found it upstairs in my music closet on Sunday morning. I am appreciative for the suggestions and the files!!

Pax et bonum.
    T.
    Thanked by 1Richard J Clark