Calling out: who are the guitarists here?
  • melofluentmelofluent
    This is just for fun, no ragging or flaming necessary. It has nothing to do with L-I-T-U-R-G-Y, okey dokey?

If yer a serious guitarist, please chime in. What's a serious guitarist? You got paid to record/video record/live performance of yerself on yer axe by someone other than yer mom or yer spouse. If'n you can mimic "Hotel California," "Blackbird," or "Stairway to Heaven" don't count, m-kay?

Yes, there is method in this, Chonak.

PS. For the record, I know that one Kathy Pluth has serious guitar chops. And MACW, I don't see why one's spouse doesn't count, so....where there's a Will.....
  • chonakchonak
  • melofluentmelofluent
    Fine, delete the post.
  • chonakchonak
    Oh, Melo, my expression of "shock" above is just kidding.
  • ...is just kidding.

AHEM!
    The yellow square is NEVER 'just kidding'!!!
  • Kathy
    My chops are weak. I can double strum foursquare hymns and finger pick SLJ, but can't even read tab.

Certainly no vinyl or digital records exist.
  • francis
    i play guitar and bass guitar. i even play guitar while playing organ pedals.
  • CharlesW
    I have nothing against guitars. They make great kindling.
    Thanked by 1tomjaw
  • I'm a guitarist, but I limit myself to secular gigs and Christmas caroling with my family.
  • Liam
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • CharlesW

An illustration from Las Cantigas de Santa Maria:

Beautiful, but I am sure they didn't play "Gather Us In" or here I am Lord, I'm Mrs. Brady. And I'm bringing up three very lovely girls.
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6emElQDVqF4

As with any instrument if the rhythm of the piece is in the changing harmonies it is acceptable in church. If the rhythm instead is created by strumming or repeated touch, it's not.
  • francis
    chant, polyphony, organ. this is the magesterium of sacred music.
  • francis
    ...and I would reframe the OPs title... I am NOT a "guitarist"... 99% of them belong to the wannabes of professional musicianship... THAT is the small "band" to which I aspire to belong. But when forced to stand in the colleseum of lions with my Martin, I will outplay every Roman who comes at me.
  • melofluentmelofluent
    Who here wouldn't want to take in Adam Bartlett doing Jimmy Page on Led Zeppelin's "Kashmir" at a "follies" night at a colloquium?
    (I did say this had nothing, nothing to do with the normative content of this site.)
    What irony could be had to hear francis' fuzz tone opening up to "Satisfaction" by the Stones? Then he and CharlesW could set it ablaze as we break into "While My Guitar Gently Weeps." MaryMezzo could then use her custom classical in a Feliciano-esqe "Light my Fire."

Then, as a finale, Mahrt and G could dress up as Marge/Homer Simpson reminiscing over "In the Garden of Eden (Ina Gadda da Vida) as the hymn they used to make out to.

A fellow can dream, can't 'e?
    Thanked by 2CharlesW CHGiffen
  • CharlesW
    Hilarious.
  • francis
    quite an image...