OK c'mon... give! :-) 2017 Colloquium
  • mmeladirectress
    all you who were fortunate enough to attend Colloquium this year.... any comments you'd like to share would be appreciated...

Including inspiration & plans you may have taken home with you for implementation.

many thanks!
  • Jani
    What happens at Colloquium stays at Colloquium.
    Thanked by 1eft94530
  • Kathy
    Not that stuff. The other stuff.
    Thanked by 2CHGiffen eft94530
  • miacoyne
    The talk on Sacred music in Nigeria was very inspiring for many of us. With small resources they were so eager to do well. (pretty embarrassing for diocese like mine here) The priest who gave us a talk has a doctoral degree in ethno music and attended the Colloquium in 2014 in Indiana. The actual title of the talk was "From Indiana 2014 to Nigeria. This time he came with two more priests.
    All the Masses at the Colloquium were very beautiful with the most respect for the rubrics and heavenly sacred music. I especially liked the funeral Mass for Scott Turkington's dad who deceased on Father's day. It is sad for the family but the timing was amazing. We were so honored to sing for that special Mass. The silent entrance and the men's chant at the beginning were memorable and the polyphony was done very well. It was so beautiful that my tears were coming down( which rarely happen during parish Masses unfortunately.) The Mozart Mass on Friday at St. Agnes was stunning with Twin city Catholic chorale which Monsignor Schuler founded. At St. Agnes I could truly imagine what heaven is like even though that is probably a fraction of real heaven. For me I need to be reminded physically where we are going, so I set my goal and hope more firmly and i believe that's what the Holy Mass is about. It's not that we are just about following the rules strictly but when we respect the Church's traditions and the instructions in celebrating the Holy Mass I found the Mass is truly heavenly not earthly because most of us are not very well equipped to do so.
  • miacoyne
    The dorm and the campus at St. Thomas were very nice. Since we ate together in the dining hall it was not only less expensive but also we had more time to chat together. I'll be looking forward to seeing them next year in Chicago where I started my Colloquium journey 10 years ago!
  • mmeladirectress

hi folks :-)

surely, not only Kathy and Miacoyne attended Colloquium this year or had any takeaways?
    hoping that some of the rest of you will share your memories / plans from this unique event, rich in benefits.

many thanks!
  • JennyJenny
    I always enjoy the chance to sing wonderful music with talented people. That experience helps sustain me during the year, where very little of that happens. I learned some new ways of thinking about chant singing from David Hughes and some new music for my children's choir from Jeffrey Morse. Singing the Requiem Mass was a highlight.
    Thanked by 1mmeladirectress