"Cantus qui desiderantur in Rituale Romano", 1934
  • chonakchonak
    An unusual little chant book is available now on our site in PDF form for downloading.

"Cantus qui desiderantur in Rituale Romano" is at

http://media.musicasacra.com/pdf/1934-cantus-qui-desiderantur-in-rituali-romano.pdf

This book of "Chants called for in the Roman Ritual" contains chants for the following occasions:
    1. For the baptism of adults
    2. At the seven penitential psalms
    3. For the blessing of pilgrims upon their departure
    4. For the blessing of pilgrims upon their return
    5. For the blessing of the first stone of a church
    6. For the blessing of a new church
    7. For the restoration of a violated church (the technical term is apparently "reconciliation")
    8. At Confirmation
    9. To ask a blessing on the eve of St. John the Baptist's Nativity
    10. For the blessing of a house of scholars (I assume this would mean an academic building, not necessarily a residence)
    11. For the blessing of a fishing boat
    12. For the blessing of a fire engine
    13. For the blessing of children
    14. For the blessing of a bell for a church
    15. For the blessing of a telegraph
    16. For the blessing of a railroad (or tracks, I think it says)
    17. For the blessing of machines to generate electric light (a power-generating facility?)
    18. Rite for the erection of Stations of the Cross

Thanks to the thoughtful efforts of user JonathanKK for making this resource available.
  • 7. For the restoration of a violated church

Can anyone think of a reason to use these?
  • a_f_hawkins
    I think the murder of a priest while saying Mass calls for that. Not fully answered by this entry on Zenit
  • rollingrj
    There was a shooting in a Catholic Church in Utah on Father's Day 2013. Once the physical property was properly restored, the priest performed an act of restoration of the church. (I'm not sure if he used the older rite, but since he does offer the EF once a week during weekdays and once a month on Sunday, it would not be a surprise.)