New Book for TLM, Ad Communionem: Antiphons and Psalms (Vulgate Psalter)
  • rarty
    Ad Communionem

• Gregorian Communion antiphons and fully notated psalm verses
    • Vulgate psalter
    • Texts, divisions, melodies, and rubrics match Versus Psalmorum et Canticorum
    • Covers Sundays, Holy Days, the Triduum, other feasts that can occur on Sundays ('62 rubrics and calendar), and the Requiem
    • Arranged in calendar order
    • English translations (Douay-Rheims) of antiphons and verses
    • Gloria Patri and Psalm 33 in 8 tones

This book was put together based on ad hoc handouts made over the past few years for my schola, which sings for a Sunday (1962) TLM. So that is why this book is so specifically tailored. Since there are probably others in a similar situation here, I thought I'd put it together and make it easily available.
  • CCoozeCCooze
    Since there aren't any sneak peaks to be had, is the main difference between yours and this that yours is in a chronological order?
  • StimsonInRehabStimsonInRehab
    Vulgate Psalter, bay-bay!
  • If you go to the Amazon site, there is a "look inside" option that allows you to see the inside of the book. Be sure to try the "Surprise me!" feature.
  • CCoozeCCooze
    I guess I'll have to look again. I only saw the front and back pages.
  • rarty
    Yes, you should be able to preview through the Amazon website (if not their app). I couldn't really control the scope of that preview, so I'll try to put together a PDF later today that gives a better idea.
  • chonakchonak
    The Amazon site is showing a reasonable sample of the book now: rubrics, Gloria Patri settings, the Advent I antiphon and verses.