The Gregorian Kyriale w/organ accomp. by Rev. Carlo Rossini
  • cnolen
    I am looking for 4 copies of "The Gregorian Kyriale with Organ Accompaniment by Rev. Carlo Rossini". If anyone can shed some light on where copies may be found/purchased, please let me know via email: charles.nolen@hr.cdom.org.
  • I have one copy which I bought a few years ago on eBay. I used it some, and might again on occasion. Now I tend to prefer "Nova Organi Harmonia". The Rossini are simple, clean, and straightforward, though. Maybe this is a book that CMAA ought to consider making available in PDF? If so, Jeffrey, send me an email.
  • Now THAT's a book that I would be delighted to find - Nova Organi Harmonia!!! If anybody knows of somebody who is reprinting - please say something!
  • I'm definitely with Steve and Palestrina on this one. It'd be great to see either a reproduction (ala Dover Publications) or remake (ala Baerenreiter) of the Nova Organi Harmonia.
  • Palestrina & Jeffrey,

It is possible I can hook you up with a copy, from the self-same source I got mine.

Please E-mail introibo.ad.altare@gmail.com

Make sure to put "NOH" in the subject line.
  • Jscola30
    There's a book publisher, PCP Books, www.pcpbooks.com which take suggestions for books to be repinted.
  • francis
    did anyone ever find this? Is there ANY Kyriale with accomp in electronic format?
  • GavinGavin
    Francis: care to write one? It'd be a worthy task!

Actually, I would find accompaniment for the psalm tones to be very beneficial. I have moderate success with making it up as I go along, but it'd be nice to have something that doesn't rely on me having had caffeine earlier that morning!
  • francis
    Aha!

Here are four in MN, but I am not sure what these represent. Can anyone enlighten me? Are any of these Rossini? I don't see a composer.

http://www.esnips.com/_t_/kyriale

Gavin:

I may be interested. Please explain in detail exactly what you would want.
  • musico48
    This was THE PROPERS used in my childhood days as a chorister in the 50's and early 60's. Dr Eddmond Tozer's Propers also were in use as well/ I have 5 copies given to me by some nuns 6 years ago. Perhaps contacting the diocese of Pittsburg, where Fr. Rossini was the Director of Music from the 30's to 50's/ They might be able to help/ In fact the NPM chapter has an interesting book out about his contributions to liturgical music at that time
  • Steve CollinsSteve Collins
    I just came across this old discussion. I hope all are now aware that "Nova Organi Harmonia" is available as a free PDF download. http://www.ccwatershed.org/blog/2013/aug/17/nova-organi-harmonia/
  • Steve CollinsSteve Collins
    NOH: There were no copyright markings anywhere in the work. But I contacted the Lemmens Institute by phone (having not gotten a response via email of post) and they advised me that they 1) did not have it copyrighted, 2) had no plans of republishing it, and 3) I/we could do with it whatever we wanted!
  • BenBen
    I've also been working on adding bookmarks to it, to make the massive files easier to navigate.
    Thanked by 1CCooze