Orlando Parish Recommendation needed
  • CCoozeCCooze
    In the early am, in or very close to Orlando?
    We'll be there in 3 weeks, and will need to get to Mass really early, before our ship sails.

Any ideas? I found an EF Latin Mass (would be my preference, but I really just want something solemn) at "Sacred Heart," but the diocese website lists it as "schismatic." =(

Please let me know of any suggestions you have! Thanks!
  • chonakchonak
    The Ordinariate parish, Incarnation Catholic Church, has Masses Saturday at 6 and Sunday at 8 (and also 10:15). (Information is from the Ordinariate web site, so check with the parish.)
    Thanked by 1CCooze
  • matthewjmatthewj
    I know SS Peter and Paul in Winter Park had a chant schola at one of their Masses back in 2012 - not sure if that's still the case.
  • CGM
    I'm told that the Basilica of the National Shrine of Mary, Queen of the Universe both (a) is visually stunning, and (b) has excellent music. They have an early Mass at 7:30am on Sundays (presumably with a minimum of bells & whistles).
  • KyleM18
    I'd agree with the Ordinariate Parish. They post recordings of their 10:15 Services on youtube (yesterday's, for example, can be found here) so you can see if it is solemn enough.
    Thanked by 2donr CCooze
  • CCoozeCCooze
    Thank you, all, for your suggestions.

I am hoping to attend Mass at the Incarnation Catholic Church, of the Ordinariate. (We're having to make a back-up plan, just in case, though.)
  • CCoozeCCooze
    Does anyone know anything about the churches in Port Canaveral?
  • VilyanorVilyanor
    I'm told that the Basilica of the National Shrine of Mary, Queen of the Universe … is visually stunning

Stunning is one term that definitely applicable.
  • CCoozeCCooze
    We went to the Ordinariate parish at 8am, this morning.
    It was a lovely church, and a very nice Mass - basically what should have happened after Vatican II if all they wanted was a vernacular Mass. Loved the translation, etc. Sorry we weren't able to make it to the Missa Cantata, though.

Thank you, all, for your wonderful suggestions!