Choral Director - Catholic Middle School/High School
  • FrDuncan
    The school where I serve as FT chaplain, St. Joseph's Catholic School in Greenville, SC, is seeking to hire a full time choral director/ music teacher for the 2017-2018 school year. St. Joseph's is an independent Catholic School. Part of the regular responsibilities of the choral director is working with me to plan and implement the liturgical music for the school's weekly all-school mass. This includes rehearsing the H.S. choir which sings anthems (simple polyphony and pieces generally in the English choral tradition) at mass, and helping to prepare small schola groups (Middle School and High School) which sing simple English chant propers and a plainsong responsorial psalm. The weekly mass also includes traditional english hymns accompanied by a local organist.

There is a great desire in the school to develop the choral program so as to highlight the best of the Catholic musical tradition. There is a link below and the official job announcement is attached. I'm also happy to answer any questions at chaplain@sjcatholicschool.org

http://www.sjcatholicschool.org/about/employment-opportunities/

-Fr. Duncan
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions