WLP on OneLicense
  • lmassery
    Today I noticed the One License website has the following banner "Welcoming our newest Member Publisher to ONE LICENSE: World Library Publications (WLP)"

This is fabulous! Talk about one stop shopping
  • As someone who previously had all 3, just having one place to go is really fantastic.
    Thanked by 1lmassery
  • matthewjmatthewj
    If they raise the price - which they almost certainly will - it will not be a good day for those of us who got along plenty fine with just one. Speaking personally, we really only used OneLicense for our Spanish Masses and maybe 1 or 2 hymns per year for our English Masses.
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • I'm really interested in the business side of this.
    Some churches were willing to pay for all three licenses. Having a new license that is only 30% more expensive than just the OCP will will result in lost revenue from this source.

Some churches were willing to pay for just one license and may decide to go without one when the price increase hits. They will only make new revenue from these people if the previous license prices were below the optimal point on the supply/demand curve.

This only makes business sense if the clunkiness of having three different licenses to purchase (four if you include CCLI) was leading churches to buy no license at all, but would be willing to put money up for an easy to use product. The three publishers/three licenses set up was chaos.

Regardless of whether or not this makes or loses money for the big 3, this makes things much easier for church musicians and eliminates the excuses that the old system encouraged for copyright violations.
  • Kathy
    If I'm not mistaken, this includes Tietze and Pluth introits.
  • matthewjmatthewj
    I would be glad to go without a license - but I know of no resources for public domain Spanish hymnody.