Prayers please
  • ryandryand
    Please pray for my sanity over the next few weeks. Not appropriate to disclose details right now, but I received some strange news today and I'm really, really, really upset about things right now.
  • Prayers. Lots of strange things happen to me all the time. I wish only the best.
  • bhcordovabhcordova
    Praying for you and asking the intercession of St. Dymphna.
  • melofluentmelofluent
    ryand,
    That you recognize both the difficulty of the news and the stress of reaction might indicate that your sanity is quite in tact, but that your composure and coping mechanisms might be taxed above and beyond. Hold onto to you as does God. Realize that external stimulus doesn't have to overwhelm internal integrity. It is quite okay to get mad without going mad. Prayers.
  • CharlesW
    Prayers.
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    Prayers for you, Ryan.
  • JesJes
    Ryan will do!
    Hope everything is okay?
    If you need to chat, some human help in the form of listening is via PM too.
  • Blaise
    Through the prayers of the Theotokos.
  • will do. thanks for letting us know.
  • ryandryand
    Thanks to all who offered prayers.

The short story is that my job was in question due to parish finances and combining positions, and I was sworn to silence and "expected to work as usual" until they made a formal decision.

Unfortunately I packed up my office this morning - the day after the Dedication Mass of the new church.

Onwards and upwards.
  • teachermom24
    May God bless you. I will be praying.
  • StimsonInRehabStimsonInRehab
    Expect a novena on my part. Any particular saint to whom you'd like me to make it?
  • CharlesW
    Prayers and best wishes.
  • matthewjmatthewj
    Expect a novena on my part. Any particular saint to whom you'd like me to make it?

Perhaps St. Bernadette would be most appropriate.

Thanked by 1ryand
  • CharlesW
    The short story is that my job was in question because of parish financial mismanagement...

I don't know where you worked, or even what part of the country you are in. But let me tell you I learned long ago that there is accounting, then there is Catholic accounting. The two often have little connection to each other. Financial mismanagement is common. It has amazed me that many priests have so little business and financial training.
  • ryandryand
    @StimsonInRehab

Saint Bernadette would indeed be appropriate, and/or my confirmation saint, Saint Dunstan.
  • StimsonInRehabStimsonInRehab
    Saint Dunstan

Providential - the name of my choir back home is the Saint Dunstan Schola. Will be praying for you.