Looking for The Organists' Manual
  • AMAJ
    My daughter needs a copy of The Organists' Manual by Roger E. Davis for her organ lessons. New and used copies are running at $65 including shipping.

Would anyone have a copy sitting on a shelf they'd like to part with for less?

Thanks!
  • Sorry, but they are rare and worth the money. To buy equivalent music in place of it that does the same job would cost you more than $200. The hours he spent writing this are worth more than a couple of lessons you pay for, since it is all down in black and white to refer to.

I believe so strongly in this book and the good that it will do your daughter that if you email me noel@frogmusic.com with your email address I'll send you a bit to help you pay for it by Paypal.
    Thanked by 3Jes CHGiffen bhcordova
  • JesJes
    I used to skimp on books. Used free versions of the chant books, used older editions of books or incomplete books. I finally bought my triplex last year and it was the best decision of my life, since then I think I've bought 40 books. Kids so rarely work from books these days that I can say it will be something to remember opening up a book in the mail and valuing the cost.
    It's a great book. Highly recommend, can't top Noel's offer though.
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • bhcordovabhcordova
    I have to say, Noel is one of the most generous people I know. He has offered to send me, for free, books that he publishes numerous times. But, since I can afford to pay for them, or already have them, I have never taken him up on his most generous offers. $65 dollars for a textbook is a steal. If you can afford it, grab it at that price.
  • AMAJ
    Thank you all for weighing in. Her teacher had told me it was pricey but worth it - I'm glad you all concur as I am regrettably not an organist. I thought finding a used copy was worth a try but will happily order a new one.
    Noel, your generosity truly touches me but I know others are in greater need than I am at this time...I'm sure you will come across someone else to bless with your resources. :)