Mass for Roberto Clemente
  • Reval
    "Please come and join us on Saturday, January 28, 2017 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the Cathedral Basilica of the Sacred Heart: Mass to commemorate the Life achievements of Roberto Clemente."
    This was the occasion where someone got up and punched the archbishop. I wonder what the music was like...
  • CharlesW
    Newark? Or was it elsewhere?
  • @Reval Firstly, it was an auxiliary bishop (+Cruz), not the archbishop (Cdl. Tobin). Secondly, this is an occasion where I say who cares about "what the music was like" or even what it was for - a bishop of the Roman Catholic Church was assaulted offering Mass. How about instead we pray for the assaulted bishop (who appears to be okay other than some needed dental work) and for the conversion of the assailant?
  • eft94530eft94530
    Mass to commemorate the Life achievements of

Can this even be a "thing" ?
    I am thinking of Sacrosanctum Concilium # 32.

I wonder what the music was like

I agree.
    It was still early enough to be Feast of Saint Thomas Aquinas.
    It could have been a special commemoration of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
    Perhaps a Memorial Mass for the deceased Roberto Clemente.
    Should not be OT-4-A.
    Thanked by 1Reval
  • KyleM18
    Agreeing with Caleferink. Hopefully it did not happen during the Eucharistic Prayer. While I am curious about the music, I doubt anyone really cared (nor should they), that a prelate of the church was assaulted. Thank God it was only a punch in the face. (Yeah, I know that's bad, but it could have been much worse.)
  • chonakchonak
    The perp, by the way, has been identified as a semi-literate anti-Catholic ex-boxer who fancies himself a preacher.
    http://aleteia.org/blogs/deacon-greg-kandra/man-charged-with-attacking-bishop-during-mass-calls-himself-the-fightin-preacher/
    Thanked by 2Reval KyleM18
  • KyleM18
    Oh, wow. The bishop wasn't able to finish the Mass, was he? A shame.
  • chonakchonak
    He was taken to the hospital; the next day he made an appearance at the parish to show he was recovering.