Vocal Scores? Nadia Boulanger - Lux Aeterna
  • TeresaW
    Hello, fellow musicians,

I have a lovely copy here of Nadia (and Lilly) Boulanger's "Cantique: Lux Aeterna" pour Voix moyenne, Violon, Violoncelle, Harpe et Orgue. The last four parts are separate for each instrument, but the only score for the singers is the master score. Also, I haven't been able to find the vocal parts separately, and this package costs $15-20, something I just can't afford for each singer and which seems ludicrous frankly.

Any suggestions of where to go from here? I've thought about contacting the publisher directly.

Thanks!
  • a_f_hawkins
    IMSLP thinks the basic tune is out of copyright in the USA. If the Lux Aeterna adaptation is from 1918, and copyright has not been extended, and you are in the USA, I suppose it would be ok to write out the parts, but I am no expert.
    Thanked by 1TeresaW
  • JesJes
    If you want a copyright free one that you can play around with I give you permission to use mine and add or subtract whatever you'd like to. I originally wrote it for three male voices, it's kinda "Kevin Allen" inspired.
    Thanked by 1TeresaW
  • TeresaW
    I'm going to keep searching for now. Thanks!
  • Check with Glendower Jones at www.classicslvocalrep.com. E-mail him and see what he turns up.
    Thanked by 1TeresaW
  • JPike1028,

He has it - it's still $20 though... Looks like it's the big one. I'm going to email him regardless to see if I can just get vocal parts.

Thanks so much!
    Teresa