SOLD For Sale: Graduale Romanum, Liber Cantualis, Psalterium Monasticum, Liber Brevior.
  • VilyanorVilyanor
    SOLD: Selling some liturgical books because I don't use them, I've graduated to the Graduale Triplex. They're all in really good shape, and I've maybe opened the latter two twice. I'm asking $45 each for Graduale and Psalterium, $20 for Liber Cantualis and $30 for Liber Brevior. I'll ship them media, which should only be a couple dollars.
  • bhcordovabhcordova
    So, is that $110 altogether or $65 altogether?
  • VilyanorVilyanor
    $110. Plus $30 for Liber Brevior, which I forgot to add before.
  • VilyanorVilyanor
    I'll sell all four for $120 including shipping.
  • matthewjmatthewj
    Graduating to the Triplex is great - but don't you need the GR for things not in the Triplex?
  • VilyanorVilyanor
    The Triplex is simply the Romanum with the extra neumes added to the chants for which they exist, is it not?
    Thanked by 2Ben bhcordova
  • BenBen
    If the triplex is anything like the offertoriale, which I own, the pieces without extra neumes are just presented as is, not skipped.
    Thanked by 2Vilyanor Jes
  • @Ben Yanke, correct the Triplex is the entire GR. Those pieces that don't have neumes (neo-Gregorian compositions for newer feasts, Kyriale...), don't have the neumes but are there. In other words you can completely substitute the GR with the Triplex. I graduated to the Triplex as well when my GR simply fell into pieces and the Triplex was all they had at the abbey bookstore. Glad I made the choice. I've since bought a new Triplex while in Norcia in 2015 (before the unfortunate earthquake...) because the price was right. I'm waiting for my current Triplex to fall into pieces before starting to use it. Which should be soon. The quality of the Solesmes binding is pretty poor. When I'm about ready to use the new one I'll ask the abbey (for a fee) to rebind it for me so it will last a long time. Their book bindery does beautiful work.
    Thanked by 2Vilyanor bhcordova
  • SalieriSalieri
    The GT is simply the '74 GR with the neumes added, nothing is deleted. The only odd repagination that I found was with the Aperges settings, where the mode IV and the simpler mode VII were switched: so the numbering went I, III, II, rather than I, II, III.
    Thanked by 1Vilyanor
  • VilyanorVilyanor
    I accidentally left my copy of Gregorian Semiology where I unknowingly had tipped over a container of coconut oil which the heat of a lamp melted and soaked the paperback cover. The cover fell off, but at least it's waterproof now?
  • VilyanorVilyanor
    I really ned to sell these copies, so if anyone's willing to buy them within the next week, I'll sell them and ship them for $100.
  • bhcordovabhcordova
    Coconut oil melts at 76 degrees F (approximately 24 C) So, maybe or maybe not.