Conductor seeking employment in Cleveland, OH in Fall 2017
  • Conductor and professional Baritone with training in Gregorian Chant, Sacred Polyphony, and other sacred choral works seeks position in which to train a choir and/or schola, preferably full time, in conjunction with an organist. Will be moving to Cleveland, Ohio in August of 2017.

Qualifications:
    Worked in EF Parish for 4 years, and as director of music for a Diocesan OF Parish for 2 years.
    Sings professionally as Bass/Baritone in San Diego with Bach Collegium San Diego, San Diego Pro Arte Voices, Folklore Guild, Saint Anne's Catholic Church (Previous Choral Scholar), etc.
    Experience with children's choir and use of Gregorian Chant for establishing a chorister program.
    Will have MM in Conducting from San Diego State University in May 2017.

References and resume available upon request.
    paulthomasmay@gmail.com
  • This is the best place to look:

http://www.dioceseofcleveland.org/jobs/jobs-in-parishes/

Updated regularly, although there is not much out there right now.
  • I direct the EF Schola at St. Sebastian's Akron, basically doing the gig you're looking for. Look me up when you get to town.
    I don't think you're going to find a gig in an EF church in this diocese that pays commensurate with your experience. Your chances as general DM in a Catholic church are much better, and it would be possible to move them in a more traditional way or start another TLM (though I'd say the community is fairly saturated.) I can steer you to the various TLM communities so you can get a feel for the lay of the land. Good luck to you; we need a LOT more good people around here.
  • Bobby, that was the first place I started as well. Here's hope something opens up.

Jeffery, thanks for the info. I will do.

Prayers are appreciated!