Lilypond Help Request
  • I'm totally new to this program and have a hunch that someone with a little experience can do in about five minutes what it would probably take me a whole day to do. In this edition of Victoria's "Popule meus," I would like the pitch lowered a minor third (to D major), the meter changed to 4, and the misspelling "inmortalis" corrected to "immortalis." Pretty simple, right? Can anyone help?
  • chonakchonak
    It's easy enough for you to find the lyric line
    San -- ctus et in -- mor -- ta -- _ lis,

and modify that.

To change the meter, look for
    \time 2/2

and change the number to 4/4.

To transpose, look for the line
    \score {\transpose c' c'{

and change it to
    \score {\transpose c' a{

And I hope that will do it. I can't test it here because that lilypond file is written for version 2.18, whereas I only have version 2.16 here; the syntax of some notation commands has changed.

Thanked by 1madorganist
  • Thanks a ton, chonak! The lyric and meter changes worked fine, but the transposition caused it to reformat to a two-page layout (which wouldn't be a problem except that the single-page layout is exactly why I wanted to use this particular edition). Any idea how to get around this?
  • igneusigneus
    @chonak 's advice was 100% correct and my Lilypond (2.19) even fits the transposed piece on a single page (without any further tweaking).
    Thanked by 1madorganist
  • Thanks! I had installed the latest "stable" version yesterday, 2.18.2. Updating to 2.19.53 did the trick. Now take a moment to enjoy this recording if you haven't already heard it and be thankful for drastic improvement in high places! They sing it in E-flat. Or should I say Es? ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJKcsiZf6bA
    Thanked by 1chonak