Dominus Dixit verses
  • I know this has been asked before, but I'm wondering if someone can point me in the direction of more verses for Dominus dixit ad me (the Midnight Mass Introit). We need to be prepared for a long procession and incense... I already have the one verses and Gloria Patri found in the Graduale. I looked in Psalmorum pdf and couldn't find the same introit listed?

Help appreciated!
  • VilyanorVilyanor
    Taking the verses used in the Graduale Simplex, here's a PDF from Bloomf's Psalm Tone Tool.

• VilyanorVilyanor
    If you need more than that, I'd say to just pick additional verses from Psalm 2 at your discretion. And then plug everything into

https://bbloomf.github.io/jgabc/psalmtone.html

Let me know if you need any help.
  • Thank you!
  • Except that the Doxology for the Introit (and Communion) should follow the extended "Gloria Patri" melody rather than using two verses. IOW use the "Gloria Patri" is contained in the Introit.
  • @Steve--Yes, we already have the Gloria Patri as written in the Gregorian Missal and have practiced that.
  • In the psalmorum.pdf, two extra verses for the introit Dominus dixit are provided on p. 34, HERE.

Apparently the index does not exhaustively list every introit title, so that might be why you missed it; however, the verses are located right where you'd expect, under the title "In Nativitate Domini, in Nocte".