How to make a link to DivinumOfficium.com with certain parameters pre-set?
  • Question:

I would like to be able to create links to DivinumOfficium.com such that a given link will always take the user not just to the main site, but to a specific hour for a specific calendar day Lauds, using a specific kind of rubrics, etc.

Does anyone know where I can find a table of these parameters?

[So far, I am getting the idea that they exist, but have not yet tracked them down; so I was wondering if anyone knew about this already and could save me the trouble.]
  • BenBen
    Also, since the creator passed away, do we know who's running it? I'd like to get in touch with them.
  • I ran it for a whole an am still still committer.

If you suffix the URL with ?command=prayXXXX where XXX is for example "Sexta" to can get a particular office for today.

There are other parameters but the documentation is is little hidden.

The site is in constant maintenance and there are slowly unfolding improved plans.
    Thanked by 1JonathanKK
  • Thank you! - helpful to know that I was not going to find a neat page with everything laid out.

I think I have figured out how to make it work now (hopefully correctly, but at least tolerably); what I want seems to be something like:

http://www.divinumofficium.com/cgi-bin/horas/Pofficium.pl?date1=12-4-2016&version=Rubrics 1960&testmode=regular&lang2=English&votive=&command=prayLaudes

So, I will plan to use this regularly on my Lauds blog project, starting with this Sunday.