Introit hymns
  • Hi all,

I'd like to use Tietze's introit hymn for Immaculate Conception (or really, any other setting of the proper text set to a familiar tune), but need a copy with just the melody and the text to put in the program I'm making.

Can anyone point me in the right direction; or else suggest the best way of doing this?

Many thanks!
  • Tietze's introit hymns are under copyright from WLP and you will need their reprint license to print his text in any congregational program.
  • If you're going to use the Introit text (which I applaud you for doing), why not use the Gregorian Introit from the Graduale Romanum, or if it's the OF, you could use the Graduale Simplex. I have pdf copy of both if you need.
  • Kathy
    WLP has licensing options for my book, and I would assume the same is true for Tietze's book as well.

WLP's Permissions manager is Michele vonEbers, and her contact info is here http://www.wlp.jspaluch.com/13361.htm
  • RevAMG
    Kathy is correct—WLP can provide the melody-line only when you license the music. I used it for my First Mass back when I was ordained. It worked very well.
    Thanked by 1Kathy