Anyone for Lauds from the Antiphonale Romanum 1949?
  • An idea that I have been thinking about on and off:

We set up a minimal page on a site somewhere, and provide every day a link to a) an mp3 of Lauds for that day, and b) a little cheat-sheet of some sort which has the necessary information so that the user can follow along in the Antiphonale Romanum 1949.

To keep this going, people would "sign up" for certain days for which it would then be their job to produce the appropriate mp3 and cheat-sheet.

For an ordo, the most convenient thing would likely be to use the option "Rubrics 1960" at the site divinumofficium.com.

The projected start date would be November 27th, 2016, for the First Sunday of Advent.

Questions:

Is this a useful idea?

How many of you would be interested in contributing?

Does the model sound like it would work easily enough, or is there a better way to do things?

I have attached a draft of a sheet which lays out in detail all the page references you would need to sing Lauds for day one; it is probably rather overdone, but I wanted to see what it would turn out like if I did an exhaustive job with the references.
  • igneusigneus
    "Is this a useful idea?" Possibly yes, but for a very limited audience. Seriously, who wants (and has time) to fully chant the EF Lauds daily? And why Lauds (only)?
    When there is such a liturgical nerd, he will, possibly with a little help, quickly find his way through the books on his own. (I say this as one who chants EF Lauds, Vespers and some of the little hours daily.)

I believe it would be more efficient to provide a "basic technical introduction" and then occasional alerts for special days (new feasts for which chants must be found in newer books, days with scheme II psalmody for Laudes and similar stuff). Maybe in a manner similar to http://dariasockey.blogspot.cz/ ?
    Thanked by 1rarty
  • Here is the update:

I have taken out a new free blog for this project: dominusregnavit.wordpress.com.

The idea is to make a start towards providing for the secular Roman office something akin to what we have already for the monastic office with sites such as Norcia and Le Barroux.

Thus, I invite anyone who is able, to help with this project by volunteering to make recordings for Lauds of specific days, either as one-off's, or periodically (e.g. weekly), beginning with the first Sunday of this coming Advent.
    Thanked by 1Jacques Perrière
  • Whaaaat?! You have scanned the Solesmes 1949 Antiphonale Romanum n°820 ?!!
    http://musicasacra.com/2016/10/antiphonale-romanum/
    Alleluia!! I am going to cry... :'-)

Thank you sooo much Jonathan! (and Mr Mahrt for the sacrifice)
    Thanked by 1tomjaw
  • Hey!! At the end of the PDF there is the proper for the dioceses of « Gaul » ! :-P
    With Ste Bernadette, Ste Thérèse de Lisieux, Ste Jeanne d'Arc, St Jean-Marie Vianney, etc.
    Thanked by 3igneus CHGiffen tomjaw
  • [Jacques, I actually had nothing to do with getting the Antiphonale Romanum scanned, as far as concretely doing any of the things needed to make it happen. However, I will admit to playing the part of something of an agitator or lobbyist. Ahem.]
    Thanked by 2tomjaw CHGiffen