Revamping parish funeral Mass guideline booklet
  • melofluentmelofluent
    I have examined many of the threads pertaining to funeral guidelines and "eulogies at funeral Masses," and I haven't found actual pdf examples from your parishes to research. I'd been most grateful for links to such documents that have been produced at the parish/diocesan levels.
  • matthewjmatthewj
    Here's our music selection form. We don't have a PDF of policies, but these are clearly explained by one of two coordinators. No eulogies, etc. are explained in person. Since I've been here I've only seen one family react badly and walk out because they were going to go to St. _________ where eulogies are allowed.
  • Jani
    The above music selection form is simple and perfect. Simply perfect. I shall pattern my own program just so. Thank you sir!
    Thanked by 1Salieri
  • melofluentmelofluent
    So.....
    No one has a funeral planning pamphlet regarding the whole of our rites?
  • This is what I've been using and adapting through my Parishes over the years.
  • @OrganistRob320 I might be stealing this and adapting it for use at my parish (unless you gave me permission for such use - then I could ease my conscience knowing I'm not committing a sin against the seventh commandment!).

To all: Anyone have something similar in regards to weddings? In light of the revised Order of Celebrating Matrimony, I'm trying to get the parish's late 1990s-early 2000s guidelines revised (obviously nobody has cared since then) but am having trouble doing so in a more straight-forward and succinct manner.
  • @Caleferink Feel free to adapt however you need. I've attached my wedding form to this post. The couples get a much larger document from the front office with all the Diocesan guidelines for weddings.
  • melofluentmelofluent
    What, no unity candle? ;-)
    Thanked by 2OrganistRob320 Ben
  • @melofluent The Unity Candle is banned by my Diocese. Couples are certainly free to have it at their reception. Deo Gratias for small blessings.
  • melofluentmelofluent
    Dude, purplebold means "I'm joking."
    Thanked by 1canadash