Any Gregorio Wizards out there?
  • Priestboi
    Hi everyone!

I have just completed a score and am not sure what I am doing wrong, the error reads: error: trying to change the shape of something that is not a note

Here is the score:
    (c4) Ver(d_c~)bly(ec/ed) ju(de)le(wf.) *(,) in(f) die(f) He(g'h)re(ghg) al(ixivHGhi)tyd:(h.) (;) ek(fdff) her(f)haal:(f.) (,) Ver(fg)bly(F'Ef) jul(ded___)le!(d.) (:) Laat(d) jul(d!f'g)le(gf) vriend(f)lik(ixf!gwh'!iv)heid(h.) (,) aan(h) al(fgf)le(g) men(hgh)se(h) be(h) be(h)ken(ixhiHG'hg/gfg) word.(gf..) (:) Die(h) He(gfg)re(g) is(hgh) na(//ixh.g!hw!ihi)by.(ixih..) (;) Wees(jjixhih) oor(gf~) niks(f!g'h) be(h)sorg(ixhiHG'hg/gfg) nie,(fg..) (:) maar(c) laat(d) jul(d!f/fd/ec~)le(c) be(c)geer(e)tes(g)in(ixeg/hig) al(g)les(g.) (,) deur(f) ge(f)bed(fgf) en(e_d) sme(ded)king(dc..) (,) met(c) dank(d)seg(ff)ging(d.) be(d)kend(ecd) word(d) by(ded___) God.(d.) Ps.(::) U(f) het,(gh) o(h) He(h)re,(h) 'n(h) behae(h) ge(h)had(h), in(hj) u(hg) land:(gh..) *(:) die(gf) lot(gh) van(h) Ja(h)kob(h) het(h) U(hjh) ver(g')an(fff)der(d.) (::) Gló(f)ri(gh)a(h) Pa(h)tri.(h) (::) E(h) u(hjh) o(g') u(f) a(fff) e.(d.) (::)

Any suggestions? I am very much a novice.
  • BenBen
    In your second word "jule," you need to remove the W from the second syllable.
    Thanked by 2Priestboi canadash
  • BenBen
    Pro tip: when error messages aren't helpful, try rendering small sections at a time to narrow down the error.

For example: run the first half, and if there's no error, then the error must be in the second half. Then keep clipping parts away, until you clip away the error and it renders successfully. Then you know where the error is and you know where to scrutinize.

Not sure if I explained that well, but that's how I debug these things.
  • Priestboi
    Hi Ben,

Thank you so much, that worked like a charm!

I shall certainly be breaking things up in future and testing each chunk if I get an error in the future.
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    Divide and conquer: generally the best approach in situations like this.