• acadia
    Any suggestions for moderately easy but nice offertory or communion motets/anthems?
  • Acadia,

If you're going to have 3 Rorate Masses, I encourage you to look beyond Jubilate Deo. (The name has always bothered me, since parts of this composite Mass are from the Requiem.) Maybe use Mass XVII?
    Thanked by 2acadia Jeffrey Quick
  • BenBen
    Additionally, have you considered singing the proper chants of the Mass? You could easily sing the rorate caeli during communion, sing all of the propers from either something like Simple English Propers or the Graduale Romanum, and have a full sung Mass that the church really wants!
    Thanked by 2acadia ClergetKubisz
  • matthewjmatthewj
    Actually since its a weekday during Lent, Mass XVIII would be most appropriate. But use Kyrie XVIII which is not part of the Iubilate Deo - and maybe a polyphonic ordinary for the final Mass with the mixed choir.
    Thanked by 1acadia
  • If these Masses are in the EF/classical Rite the Mass, one of the Masses of Our Lady would be nice (IX or X) as the Gloria is sung. The Rorate Mass can only take place if there is not a 3rd Class feast or greater which can be tricky in Advent, without the express permission of the Ordinary.
    Thanked by 1acadia
  • acadia
    It is an OF Mass.
  • Perhaps something from the Secunda Anthologia Vocalis, nos. 9-10?
    Thanked by 1acadia
  • Heath
    Shameless plug...

https://liturgicalyear.benyanke.com/

4 Advent motets within the book for 2 and 3 part voices.
    Thanked by 1acadia
  • CCoozeCCooze
    The verse of this would make a lovely motet: Heinrich Isaac, Ostende nobis Domine misericordiam tuam
    Thanked by 2acadia CHGiffen
  • I second Ben's suggestion. The Advent chants are very beautiful.
    Thanked by 1acadia
  • acadia
    I've ordered your book, Heath; it looks great.
    Thanked by 1Heath
  • a_f_hawkins
    Just noticed this setting of Ave Maria ...
    Thanked by 1acadia