The Mass and Heaven
  • The Mass and Heaven - Radio Interviews

The last three Mondays KVSS Spirit Catholic Radio aired interviews I gave as part of Fr. James Netusil's series Source and Summit, on the liturgy. In these three shows we discuss how the Mass uses church architecture, sacred music, and the inspired Word of God in its prayers to assist us in seeing and participating in the heavenly realities here and now, a foretaste in what God desires for us for all eternity. I outlined the content below in case you are interested in certain parts. My notes can be found here.

Episode 30: Eucharist and Eschatology
    0:00-13:15 Eschatology (Four Last Things)
    17:06-29:55 The Mass and Heaven; Sacred Art and Architecture

Episode 31: Eucharist and Eschatology
    0:00-16:07; 19:49-25:06 Sacred Art and Architecture
    25:06-33:37 Sacred Music (Gregorian Chant)

Episode 32: Eucharist and Eschatology
    0:00-10:00 Sacred Music (Chant, Polyphony)
    10:00-14:54; 18:35-30:10 Sacred Music, Scripture and the Prayers of the Liturgy

Fr. Vogel
  • A Blessed Solemnity of All Saints!

Recently I gave talks about the heavenly reality of the Mass both to the parents of the students in our religious formation program, as well as one to the students in our Catholic grade school and high school. Below is a video of the latter (recorded by our students). It follows the same line as the talks I gave in the above post, which is why I put them together here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8l0S2noRFM

NB: The links from last year's post no longer work, as the radio station has redone their website.

Fr. Vogel