All Saints Introit modern notation
  • Does anyone have or know where I might find the Introit for All Saints (Gaudeamus omnes etc.) in Latin w/modern notation?
  • BenBen
    As someone who doesn't have it handy for you....Is there a specific reason you're looking for the modern notation? Depending on your situation, it's very worth it to spend the time learning to read neumes. Modern notation becomes a crutch when you start to sing a lot of chant.
  • Only because we will have just 2 rehearsals for the entire solemn multilingual Mass. We just don't have time to work on square notes right now. Sometimes we do, I know it's not that hard; I just have to budget time differently for this Mass. BIG learning curve for everyone: Anglos who don't know Spanish, Hispanics who don't read music like the Anglos here do, and everyone who has little comfort with Latin. I will write it out if I have to but would rather glean off someone else's work! :-)
    Thanked by 2Ben eft94530
  • Here's a scan from a modern notation Graduale.
    Thanked by 1JoAnna
  • There is a 1924 (with a couple of more recent supplements) Liber Usualis in modern notation here.
    Thanked by 1JoAnna