Propers for Thérèse of the Child Jesus, Oct. 1
  • Hello! I have gleaned great wisdom from this forum for several years and finally joined.

I'm preparing music for our parish's feast day and couldn't find settings of the propers in the usual places. Hoping especially for a setting of the communion antiphon:

Blessed are you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth;
    you have revealed to little ones the mysteries of the Kingdom.

Thanks for any help!
  • Ah, my first post and I copied the wrong line from my planning page...

The Communion antiphon should be:

Thus says the Lord:
    Unless you turn and become like children,
    you will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven.
  • Denroden,

Are you searching for the chants, or for polyphonic settings?

If you're looking for polyphonic stuff, here's an offering, which (if you find it suitable) you're welcome to use.

Thanked by 2CHGiffen JulieColl
  • Thanks, those look lovely, but we need a simpler english setting this year. Perhaps I'll compose one if another doesn't appear.
  • I think you are looking at the communion antiphon in the Roman Missal, which is intended to be said at masses when the propers are not sung. It does not match the text of the chant given in the 1974 Graduale Romanum. If you are going to chant the antiphon, you would (normally) use the setting from the Graduale, "Narrabo omnia." I suppose you could sing your text, but I don't know of any chant setting.
  • rich_enough,
    Thanks! That is the same as the OT7. Now I have several good English options.