Christmas piece
  • La Berceuse des Anges -- Alexandre Lecoco

am not finding this at CPDL; the IMSLP has it, but when I go through the steps to download, I am asked to OK some add on or software, and on that screen my security monitor changes from green to orange (warning) ...

is this in public domain?

if so, does anyone know of a safe place where I can find it?

many thanks!
  • eft94530eft94530
    A few months ago IMSLP installed a paywall.
    And to the curious,
    it is obvious from the many MSF Discussions to which I post links that I use IMSLP,
    so yes I did subscribe.

Perhaps that is the warning.
    Ignore the paywall.
    Above it read carefully the tiny line with [countdown 15 .. 0]
    The text will replace with [Click here to continue your download.]
    Click that link.
    Thanked by 1mmeladirectress
  • GerardH
    I had no problem downloading and viewing the file from IMSLP. It shouldn't still be under copyright, since Lococq died in 1919.

I have attached the pdf file from imslp.
  • chonakchonak
    IMSLP probably wouldn't put it on line at all if it weren't in the public domain, at least in the country where IMSLP is based (Canada?).
  • Yes, IMSLP servers are mostly in Canada, and when there are works in public domain only in one country, there is a special server hosted only in that country for residents of that country only (although the pdfs can still be accessed elsewhere).
  • I was remembering the old Werner Icking days. No fee. but then, maybe things were not as expensive to keep up as now. My organist is as much tuned in to IMSLP as I am to CPDL. What wonderful tools we have these days. thanks to all of you for your help!