Our Blessings
  • I hope that this can be somewhere where people can share their blessings in the church with those on the forum, not unlike my Forum Pleasures thread. For example, I am honoured to have recently joined a choir which is 1 of only 3 SATB Choirs in the area of dioceses. And they care very much for restoring the tradition of sacred music.
  • CharlesW
    Forum Pleasures thread? OK...this sounds a bit kinky. LOL.

Good luck with your choir. It sounds good.
    Thanked by 1Casavant Organist
  • StimsonInRehabStimsonInRehab
    I found out last night a close friend of mine who helped introduce me to sacred music has just gotten an MD position in my diocese that I recommended to him. So now I get to do awesome music and see my buddy on a regular basis. :)
  • melofluentmelofluent
    I was blessed to have a wonderful teaching colleague, friend and twin of a different mom in my schola for 24 years. She passed this last Sunday, and all of our musical community benefited from her talent, her love of God and her charity. We'll miss you, Libby.
  • This past Wednesday my wife and I celebrated 25 years of married life by renewing and confirming our vows at the altar rail, by receiving a special priestly blessing, and by enjoying the company of family and friends. It's not a musical blessing, but I hope it meets the standard of "Our Blessings".

As a side note, I have striven to write an SATB setting of a pericope of Psalm 127, Nisi Dominus aedificavit domum and, following a long and hallowed custom in the Church borrowed a secular melody to do it. Some of you may know a tune by a Liverpudlian called "When I'm 64"?
  • MatthewRoth
    That’s fantastic, CGZ.
  • a_f_hawkins
    "When I'm 64" is a tenacious earworm, and I have now found it a clear illustration of the importance of texts. Having passed that mark 14 years ago, I find great difficulty in putting any conviction into a performance, especially when it is included by our community choir for a sing-along at a retirement home.
    But my continued acceptance by the choir is a blessing for me.
    Thanked by 1bhcordova
  • canadashcanadash
    My 17 year old son is off in Prague for the first stages of his WYD trip. He (and we) is blessed to be going with the Oratorians and the leading priest is fantastic and faithful. If you had a moment to pray for the success of WYD, I would be most appreciative.