Parking at Colloquium, plus, Wednesday Lunch Venue
  • StimsonInRehabStimsonInRehab
    I'm staying with a friend in Crevecoeur and will be commuting in. What's the parking situation like, or is there a viable public transportation option?

Also, if anyone would be interested in checking out a Maronite Cathedral, St. Raymond's is also serving lunch:

http://www.straymondsmaronitecathedral.com/LunchStatus.php
  • BruceL
    St. Raymond's lunch is an institution and is awesome!

Buyer beware: St. Louis parking does not have a court, but they farm out tickets to some company. You will not get due process...just sayin'. I had an aggressive neighbor tag my car with the police for "parking over 30 days" (I had driven it the day before!), and was hit with a $125 fine that could not be appealed.
    Thanked by 1StimsonInRehab
  • MatthewRoth
    Is St. Louis a place where I should get quarters or am I OK to use plastic when I have to pay the meter?
  • Kathy
    Public transportation is readily available. The metrolink is right across the street. You can take a quick trip for 4 dollars or buy a day pass for 7. I'm pretty sure a weekly pass is 27.

There is a parking lot outside. Not sure how that works.
  • Earl_GreyEarl_Grey
    Metrolink is good if where you are going to is on the route. Creve Coeur is not on the route. I'm sure you could use the bus system, but according to Google that would take over an hour.

And yes, the Wednesday lunch at St. Raymond is excellent (assuming you like Lebanese food)
  • Earl_GreyEarl_Grey
    I thought Janet mentioned those commuting in could still park at the hotel for $12 per day.
  • Earl_GreyEarl_Grey
    I don't venture downtown much, but I think there are both types of meters. The newer ones take plastic and the older ones coins.

Another option from Creve Coeur would be to drive part way to a commuter lot and take the metrolink the rest of the way in. Cheaper than parking downtown.
  • chonakchonak
    Hotel guests can park for $12/day (usually $17). I don't know if that offer is available to commuting attendees.
  • When I was in St. Louis for the NPM convention, I stayed with my sister in Creve Coeur, drove to the Brentwood Metro station, took advantage of the free parking garage, and rode the train downtown. Very easy, and no parking headaches.
  • MatthewRoth
    BTW, I am very interested in the cathedral lunch if anyone wants to carpool/go as a group.
    Thanked by 1StimsonInRehab
  • Kathy
    Anyone headed to noon mass at the cathedral? I'm looking for a ride.