Looking for SAB arrangement of "God Bless America"
  • Claire H

Friends,

My children's choir was asked to sing "God Bless America" in a stadium prior to an upcoming soccer game. I'm looking for an SAB a cappella arrangement of this anthem. Anyone have a lead for me? Quick internet search seemed to bring up all SATB or accompanied arrangements.

Thanks in advance for any resources!
  • ronkrisman
    Interesting note about "God Bless America." It was included in two armed forces hymnals published during the Second World War. And it was also included in the 1977 The New National Baptist Hymnal.

That's it. The God Bless America Fund trustees have been resolute in their refusal to allow the music to be included in any hymnal published since 1977.

By the way, the text and tune are under copyright and users (and the Forum) should not be making or publishing an unauthorized arrangement.

[Thanks for the reminder. Note: I edited this post slightly to remove a specific user's name.--admin]
    Thanked by 2CHGiffen Liam
  • Liam
    Because the spirit of Irving Berlin is the very spirit of American music copyright law, knows all, sees all, and disposes of all. Do *not* mess with anything by him. You just don't go there.
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    Take a standard SATB setting and have the guys sing either the bass or tenor line (you can make some judicious choices and convey them to your singers).
    Thanked by 1chonak
  • chonakchonak
    Yes, we have to (and should) respect copyright here.
  • Claire H

This is helpful information. Thank you!