Suggest Parish for a Traveler?
  • G
    For someone driving from Tupelo area to Memphis area, can anyone suggest a parish with a reverent Sunday liturgy along the way? Edit:I think the interstate is I-22 (I really should learn to listen when people talk to me.) 2nd Edit: US 78 seems to be the highway, judging from a won't-load-legibly map
    Closer to Memphis without overshooting probably better, and no music preferable to bad music.
    My brother thanks you in advance, as do I.
    (Save the Liturgy, Save the World)
  • BenBen
    Unless I'm missing something, I'm pretty sure I-22 is the right way... Just want to try and help you clear up the route so people can give accurate suggestions.

613 x 415 - 123K
    Thanked by 1G
  • Heath
    G, how about a parish in Memphis itself? I attended St. Peter Catholic Church when I was there and it was a beautiful Pentecost liturgy with very fine music. I do seem to recall a kite flying during the processional, though . . . : )

http://www.stpeterchurch.org/music/
    Thanked by 1G
  • EMH
    Come to Blessed Sacrament Church! It's a small church, but very reverent. If you happen to come to the 10:30 mass I'd love to meet you! I'm the cantor there. Fr. Fisher gives great sermons as well.

8:30a: EF mass. (The only weekly Sunday latin mass in the diocese)
    10:30a: English (It is very reverent)
    12:00p: Spanish

2564 Hale Ave, Memphis, TN 38112

--Emma