A Traditional Anglican Wedding
  • GavinGavin
    I've been largely absent from this forum due to the rigors of family life, and on that topic, I ask your prayers for blessing upon my marriage which commences today. The wedding will be at the Episcopal church where I work, and I am beyond excited to take my new wife and her two children into my family.

For your liturgical interest, the wedding will be conducted according to a slightly modified rite from the Book of Common Prayer of 1549, with a Votive Communion of the Holy Trinity following, according to Rite I of the 1979 book. (The Sarum Missal prescribes a Votive of the Trinity for weddings) The celebrant was open to ad orientem worship, but the space proved unsuited for it. We will, however have liberal use of incense - I have strictly charged the thurifer that I want the church to look like a Phish concert! The music list is below, but even all this won't compare to walking out of the church into a new life with the most amazing human being I've ever met:

Prelude: Adagio fr. Sonata 3 - Guilmant
    Procession: Beati Omnes, a contrafactum of my own creation from Ingredere a 8 by Corteccia
    Psalm 67 - Luard-Selby
    Prayers: Plainchant
    Introit: Benedicta sit - Plainchant
    Gloria in excelsis: Communion service in C - Stanford
    Sequence: Alma Chorus Domini - Plainchant
    Hymn: Love divine, all loves excelling
    Offertory: O Thou the Central Orb - Wood
    Sanctus: Communion service in C - Stanford
    Fraction Anthem: Cognoverunt discipuli - Plainchant
    Communion: Ubi Caritas - Lauridsen
    Procession: Cortege, fr. Messe Nuptiale - Dallier

Much thanks as well to Felipe, from this forum, for his long friendship in my city, and for directing the chant and playing organ for this most solemn and festive occasion.
  • JulieCollJulieColl
    Beautiful program. Ad multos annos!
  • CharlesW
    Congratulations and many happy years.
  • eft94530eft94530
    Procession: Cortege, fr. Messe Nuptiale - Dallier

http://imslp.org/wiki/Messe_nuptiale_(Dallier,_Henri)
  • melofluentmelofluent
    Congratulations, salutations and welcome back, Gavin, I've missed your wise voice.
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    Rite I of the 1979 book.

You're such a modernist.
    Thanked by 3Ben BruceL MatthewRoth