Singer Botches US National Anthem and Pianist Harmonizes!
  • francis
    holy mountain of mismanaged modulation, batman! Bach would be impressed.
  • chonakchonak
    What an ... arrangement!
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    What an ... arrangementderangement!
    Fixed.
    Thanked by 1Casavant Organist
  • StimsonInRehabStimsonInRehab
    Mr. Trump: since this came from one of your rallies, I'd like to ask - if you're going to make America Great Again, would you please do us a favor and make American Singing Great Again while you're at it?
  • ClemensRomanusClemensRomanus
    Oh my....
  • Jani
    That was horrible on so many levels. The singer surely has other talents; I think it's borderline cruel to encourage or allow someone who can't stay on key to sing at a public event. And while the pianist is talented, I don't think the video was exactly an honorable thing do. Using someone else's shortcomings to showcase our own talent - is that right?
  • Ok. Now I must watch this video. When I first saw "Singer botches US National Anthem", I had to ask, "How could anyone tell?" did he sing it straight?

Going to watch the video now...
  • Aha!

What you didn't say in the original post is that the accompanist wasn't caught off guard. He clearly knows this is going to happen. Now, for the truly remarkable accompanist, perhaps, one could have someone modulate that way without warning, and have the accompanist keep up.

Here's a question: WHY would any director let such a singer sing the national anthem?
  • chonakchonak
    I do believe the purple font must not be working on CGZ's computer.
    Thanked by 2MatthewRoth CHGiffen
  • eft94530eft94530
    Somehow I think there must be an original video with a capella soloist
    and the accompaniment video is an add-on
    (i.e., after the event create harmonization, video accomp, merge, upload).
    Thanked by 1francis
  • Yes you are right, this is an add-on. I saw the original but I can't find it anywhere. It has the key signatures names on the bottom. I will try again to find it and post it here.
    Thanked by 1eft94530
  • JesJes
    If Florence foster Jenkins had an accompanist with these skills there would probably be a movie being released about his legendary talent instead...