Vocal Music Teacher in Houston, Texas
  • doneill
    Dear friends:

St. Elizabeth Ann Seton School in Houston, Texas is excited to announce a search for a Vocal Music Teacher. I began as Director of Music for the school in March. The person in this position and I together will teach music to students in Grades Pre-K through 8. The one behind all this is The Rev. Stephen Reynolds, whom many of you will know from his past ministry at St. Theresa, Sugarland. The official application should go through the Archdiocesan vacancy website below. Because that is a generic description, here is the more detailed description that I drew up. It is also not necessary to have a Texas teaching license. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to PM me.

Dr. Douglas O'Neill
    Director of Music, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton School, Houston

Music Instructor, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic School, Houston, Texas

St. Elizabeth Ann Seton School seeks a highly qualified teacher to help build a vocal music education program of high integrity and quality, rooted in the great Catholic tradition of choir schools. Together with the Director of Music, the person in this position will be responsible for teaching music literacy and vocal skills to all grade levels. Students will sing regularly for weekly school Masses and occasional concerts. The successful candidate will be proficient in choral rehearsal technique, and teaching sight-singing and music literacy, with knowledge of adolescent vocal development. Repertoire will focus on the great corpus of sacred music from the heritage of the Roman Catholic Church, along with high-quality music of all eras. Organizational, communication, and classroom management skills are required. St. Elizabeth Ann Seton School is in a highly diverse area of one of the most diverse cities in the country, with students from many different cultural backgrounds. This is an exciting opportunity to help build a substantial children’s choral program in a system with strong institutional support.

Requirements:
    Bachelor/Master’s degree in music with emphasis in vocal music education

How to apply:
    http://www.applitrack.com/archgh/onlineapp/default.aspx?Category=Elementary School Teaching&subcategory=Music - Vocal&AppliTrackJobId=314&AppliTrackLayoutMode=detail&AppliTrackViewPosting=1
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions