Parish video series on Sacred Music
  • ryandryand
    This weekend, we begin a 4-week series of videos before Mass.

Treasure of Inestimable Value

This is a result of an accidental conversation in the sacristy at the conclusion of Easter Sunday. Several ideas on catechesis RE: sacred music were tossed around between this priest, myself, and one of our deacons - ultimately, this is what we decided would best serve the parish.

In future weeks, we will have videos hosted by our Pastor, Associate Pastor, and Director of Sacred Music.

It's really quite exciting that the Pastor and his assisting clergy take the topic of liturgy and music so seriously as to commit to a series like this.

[Please excuse the amateur production value. We don't have any professional media personnel on staff.]

The content of these videos follows the general narrative of our local Bishop Thomas J. Olmsted's, 4-part series Singing the Mass. As you hear at the end of the video, the Bishop's articles are being printed in our bulletins for the next 4 weeks.

There are also some pictures of the new church building at the very end - the first from last October, shortly after I began working at this parish. The final picture is from last Wednesday evening.

I'm sharing this here as we complete each video. I hope that it will help to inspire this community. Please keep it here, for now.
    Once the series is done (and some of the production things touched up), I will be writing much more (here and elsewhere) about this parish music program, building, and future goals.
  • How blessed you are!
    Godspeed.
  • hilluminar
    Wow! Oh so many people need to see this. But, we will keep it here for now. Keep up the good work!
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    Oh, wow! This is incredible, wonderful! Thank you so much.
  • melofluentmelofluent
    The search link at the network only shows a still photo. I check the next two weeks' schedule and a rebroadcast was absent.
  • ryandryand
    Melo,
    Wrong thread?