EWTN to Present Documentary on the History of Gregorian Chant
  • Steve QSteve Q
    In case you had not seen this, it looks like it might be worth watching:

GREGORIAN CHANT - THE MUSIC OF THE ANGELS
    Saturday, April 30th at 11:00 PM ET
    The fascinating history of the Gregorian Chant, featuring classic examples from Pope St. Gregory the Great’s papacy to present day. An EWTN Original documentary.

http://www.ewtn.com

• ClergetKubiszClergetKubisz
    Is Mahrt going to be part of it? If not, they haven't consulted all the experts.
  • BruceL
    Unfortunately, I'm right down the road, but haven't heard anything! :(
  • ryandryand
    Is it available to watch online?
  • Steve QSteve Q
    Unfortunately I do not see it available anywhere online, nor do I see a rebroadcast scheduled yet on EWTN. I did watch most of it. It was not quite what I expected from the title. It was somewhat less about the history of chant and more about a group of monks who have made several chant recordings. It was interesting to get a perspective from the monks themselves about the role of chant in their faith journeys, particularly since they spend a large part of each day singing chant.

EWTN is calling this a new series, so hopefully that means that there will be more episodes forthcoming.
  • BruceL
    I'm glad to see that there will be more coming. Although the Canons did a great job for Mother Angelica's funeral, of course there is plenty of good chanting in Alabama between the Benedictines in Cullman and some others of us close to Irondale, so I'm always hopeful that EWTN will not make our Lord's words true that a prophet has honor except in his/her home town!