Organ Giveaway
  • BenBen

Looks nice for a crypt/basement chapel, or perhaps a small chapel.
    LINK for all the information

This organ is in a small chapel, now closed, on the Isle of Man (of TT Motorcycle fame) off the west coast of the UK.
    It was built in the 1880s by H.W. Hewitt, who always used second-hand parts, so it must be well over 130 years old.
    The stops are: Open Diapason, Clarabella, Gamba, Flute 4', Principal 4' (from middle C) Octave Coupler, Pedal Coupler, Pedal Bourdon (12 pipes, only).
    It plays perfectly well, and a suitable person or organisation is welcome to take it down as it stands. It is still in good order, and was regularly maintained and tuned until the chapel closed in 2014.

Leave a comment at the link above, if you would like more information on the availability of this instrument, but act quickly, as the chapel has been sold and the organ must be removed.
    (Posted April 29th., 2016.)

Video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=genqAyo_jHk
  • What a charming little instrument!

How much d'ya think it would be to bring it across the pond to, say, Minnesota?
    Thanked by 2eft94530 Ben
  • eft94530eft94530
    Ben posted partial info.
    Click the YouTube logo and below the heading "Details" click "Show More".
  • a_f_hawkins
    Very sad, but it's not gutsy enough for our church (20 miles as the crow flies), and the other parish our priest cares for decided against it because it would mean losing three pews, and they don't have that much spare space.
  • ClergetKubiszClergetKubisz
    That would have been perfect for the church where I used to serve. If only Fr. would have allowed us to have an organ...
  • StimsonInRehabStimsonInRehab
    CK, is this the church in the town named after an ancient Roman philosopher/statesman? If so, yeah. That church is begging for a decent instrument.
    Thanked by 1ClergetKubisz
  • ClergetKubiszClergetKubisz
    Yes, Stimson, indeed it would be that same church. The Roland RM700 piano keyboard they've got is woefully inadequate for serving the Mass. The Hammond in the choir loft actually makes better sounds, I think.
  • I want to put it in my house :-)
    Thanked by 1Jes