Anyone have tomorrow's Gospel set to a Gospel tone?
  • Nisi
    Does anyone Divine Mercy Sunday's Gospel set to a Gospel tone? Our Deacon does not have tomorrow's, for some reason (We use Gary Penkala's Book fo Sung Gospels). Thank you!
  • francis
    here
    1136 x 640 - 93K
  • CCoozeCCooze
    Does he chant the gospel in English?
    You could always cut/paste English into 1 of the 3 chant tones provided at http://www.windsorlatinmass.org/latin/chant.htm
    Thanked by 1Nisi
  • chonakchonak
    We have a book of Gospels fully notated, "Evangelia Cantata", available through the CMAA web site.

Or, if you have time in what is left of today, you could use the gospel tone (in the Appendix of the Roman Missal, or from ICEL's web site) and make your own score using some easy music notation software such as Musescore.
    Thanked by 1Nisi
  • fcbfcb
    I actually find it more confusing to have the Gospel fully notated. I generally put some light pencil marks in the Gospel book to indicate the different tones. For whatever reason, this seems to allow me to focus more on proclaiming the text and it feels less like a musical performance.
  • MatthewRoth
    I think it and the other reading/s ought to be well sung, in the best way possible with one’s voice. My pastor sings very clearly and doesn’t hurl the chant at you, whereas our deacon has a grainy voice (he is older) but he tries to sing smoothly. I have a real problem with those who basically shout and apparently don’t give it more musical attention than the tone (too many clerics serving as deacon and subdeacon in the TLM do this...). This is what I mean by throwing the chant at the congregation. It ruins one of my favorite moments of Mass. Also, the speed needs to be just right....

I prefer it to be notated for practice, but I prefer it with pencil marks at Mass, because I like the words together.
    Thanked by 1Ben
  • tomjaw
    This may help,
    http://bbloomf.github.io/jgabc/readings.html

Choose your tone, chose English if needed, drop in the text...