Passions of Mark and Luke
  • Happy Palm Sunday of the Lord's Passion to all!

Thanks be to God, I got to celebrate a lovely EF Missa Cantata this morning for some nuns in Rome, and I might be cantata-ing for the next three days as well. Does anyone have the Passion in Mark and Luke written out? The Passions for today and Good Friday, in Matthew and John, are readily available, but I can't find anything for the Clementine Vulgate of the old Missal. If no one has anything, I guess I'll just have to type them up myself... Thanks in advance!
  • Sweet! Thanks. It even has the cool ending tones!
  • Steve CollinsSteve Collins
    Your very welcome. If you notice the first page - a stamp from St. Henry's Church in downtown E.St. Louis - this is a book that I salvaged before they tore down the church and rectory almost 30 years ago, and gave it to CMAA to scan.
    Thanked by 2CHGiffen eft94530
  • Thanks for saving it. Darn it, we've got so many sins for which to answer. Libera me... quando caeli movendi sunt, et terra, dum venerit iudicare saeculum per ignem.

That's why sacred music and good liturgy are important. The Lord is going to come to judge the world by fire. Who but the musicians in Holy Week will sing or even think about the Improperia of Good Friday? A gloss: "I gave you heavenly melodies through the mouth of St Gregory, and you gave me heresy dressed in pop anthems. Oh my people, what have I done to you?"
  • chonakchonak
    Note: that book does not have reflect the Holy Week reforms of the 1950s which shortened the Passion readings.
  • tomjaw
    I Have UVOC style booklets for all four Passions pre-1955... pm me...
  • Steve CollinsSteve Collins
    Corpus Christi Watershed seems to have more recent editions of the Liber Usualis available for PDF download here: http://www.ccwatershed.org/blog/2013/mar/19/1961-solesmes-liber-usualis-online-free-pdf/
  • Right. The Passions got shortened in the new Holy Week.
    1. Palm Sunday, Matthew, was shortened from the end.
    2. Tuesday, Luke, was shortened from the front.
    3. Wednesday, Mark, was shortened from the front.

But Good Friday, John, has stayed the same.