Prayers for my nephew
  • Hi all. My sister gave birth to her firstborn on February 23rd. He was slightly early and is still unable to properly regulate his blood sugar. They were hoping to finally bring him home last week but I learned tonight that he was transferred to a local NICU for further testing and observation. I pray that the doctors can figure out what's going on and that he can go home soon. The hospital he was transferred to is less than five minutes away from where I live, so I will be there tomorrow.
    Thanked by 2CHGiffen canadash
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    Prayers for your nephew.
  • CharlesW
    Prayers.
  • G
    Prayers for the little one.
    Can you give his first name?

(Save the Liturgy, Save the World)
  • His name is Kohl.
  • melofluentmelofluent
    Just sent my grandsons back to their mom & dad. Youngest one was born at 26 weeks, size of my hand, in NICU for many months, trached. He's now 9, and will likely become POTUS one day if he's not the anti-Christ. (He's a wonderful scamp!)
    I tell this as a gesture of confidence in our Lord and the hearts/hands of NICU staff everywhere. Prayers for Kohl from CenCA.
  • @melofluent: wow that is amazing! Kohl was only slightly early and definitely not that tiny! Apparently they are giving him bigger feedings at the NICU than they were at the other place and his sugar levels are improving. But that's all I know right now. I'm making a big tray of pasta and meatballs for my sister to take with her right now, then heading over there to see everyone. :-) Thanks all.
  • G
    they are giving him bigger feedings at the NICU than they were at the other place and his sugar levels are improving.
    Praise the Lord, and huzzah for the little gentleman!
    (Save the Liturgy, Save the World)
  • bonniebede
    Prayers.