Mundelein Psalter question
  • I recently bought a copy of the Mundelein Psalter, and I very much like it, but I have a question that I've been unable to find answered anywhere. I'm hoping someone here can help me.

Where are the antiphons for the invitatory psalm?

I couldn't find them in the book, and I've downloaded the invitatory card pdf, but that only provides the verses. Am I missing something obvious somewhere? Are they simply buried somewhere on the Liturgical Institute's labyrinthine website?
  • VilyanorVilyanor
    As far as I know, they only exist for Easter morning, when they're required. Your best bet is probably to check the Liturgy of the Hours for the antiphon and set it to the Mundelein psalm tone.
  • ghmus7
    I asked them this question. There used to be a pdf of the invitiatory on their website, if it is still there im sure you could google it.
  • igneusigneus
    (And in case you would like to have some antiphons through-composed and don't feel like composing them yourself, try to post the texts. I enjoy composing antiphon tunes - and quite probably I'm not the only one like this on this forum :) )
  • "There used to be a pdf of the invitiatory on their website"

Google was no help, but The Wayback Machine had it. Thanks for the idea! :)
  • "I enjoy composing antiphon tunes"

I appreciate the offer, but since I'm chanting the office with my wife and kids (who don't have copies of the book), I need to keep things simple and easily repeated. I just wish the antiphons didn't use the same psalm tones as the verses. :)