Alleluia Surrexit Christus - Michael Haydn
  • Hey great people,
    gReetings.
    I'm requesting if anyone here has this piece for Easter,in Pdf , with Organ/Piano Accompanyment.
    Thanks.
  • I eagerly join this request. This piece is not on CPDL. A lot from M. Haydn is missing there.
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    At this moment, CPDL (of which I am the president) 'only' has 15,095 works categorized as "Sacred music" out of a total of 21,958 works. So, of course, some composers are underrepresented, if at all. Seven years ago, the total number of works stood at 10,000. Currently, we are getting new works at the rate of about 2,500 per year, probably about 1,700 to 1,800 of which are in the "Sacred music" category. I look forward to the day, but shall probably not live to see it, when CPDL has 50,000 works, hoping that some 30,000 to 35,000 of which are sacred works.

Our Hans Leo Hassler collection has grown remarkably in the last few years, and Corinne Cooze has graciously undertaken, on her own, the task of significantly enlarging our holdings of the works of Heinrich Isaac. Thanks to David Fraser, we have had, for quite some time, excellent editions of William Byrd's choral works. For some time now, also, Nancho Alvarez has graciously made his complete collection of the choral music of Tomas Luis de Victoria available at CPDL, as well as the works of Francisco Guerrero.

That said, many composers, including (Johann) Michael Haydn are, sadly, underrepresented, and it behooves those with musical editing and engraving skills to step up and work on filling the gaps. Just a few years ago, previously unavailable choral works were being posted to CDPL at only around 1,200-1,500 per year. While we have about doubled that contribution rate, there is room for even more improvement. But, most of all, we owe our deepest gratitude and thanks to those who have contributed and continue to contribute new scores to CPDL.
  • VilyanorVilyanor
    So you're Haydn seeking?
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    If you want to purchase the score, you can get it from Alle-Noten.
    Thanked by 1Andris Amolins
  • Special thanks to you, CHGiffen, for all of your hard work on CPDL. I have used this site many, many times. You help the Church maintain her store of treasures and allow us to become like Mendelssohn, who looked back and brought Bach out of the storage closets of history. Deo Gratias!