Tantum Ergo SATB a capella, based on Fr. Verdussen
  • EMH
    One of my late night hobbies involves taking music and making choral arrangements out of them. This piece is based on a tattered arrangement of Tantum Ergo by Fr. Verdussen, SJ, which I didn't think was very good so I made it better. Critiques are appreciated. I am 17 and I would like to compose something at some point, but for now I am sticking with making arrangements. Thanks.

Audio here: https://musescore.com/user/1305506/scores/1603186
  • MBWMBW
    EMH

I think that it is a good thing that you have a critical ear and look for ways to make a composition, which I assume you already like, better. Arranging other composer's works is a time honored way of learning the craft. I hope you will continue down this path on which you already show promise.

Regarding critique - I would need to see the original first. Otherwise I don't know whether I am addressing your work or Fr. Verdussen's.
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    With MBW, I can't really critique your own work on this, EMH, but it's a worthy effort, even if I would do a few things differently. When I get the chance before long, I'd be glad to share my take on it with you.
  • EMH
    I would greatly appreciate that, Mr. Giffen. The original scanned really badly, but if you can make anything of it here it is.

Thanks for your comments, MBW.
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen