Modern Music sheets for kyrie, Gloria, agnus dei
  • Hi All Compliments of the Christmas season. Can anyone help me get the modern music sheets with chords for Sung Holy Mass. Help will be most appreciated. thank u.
  • MatthewRoth
    What exactly do you require? Your request is as vague as I have ever read here on the forum.
    Thanked by 1eft94530
  • donr
    Robbil, welcome to the forum, and Merry Christmas to you. There are many different versions of the Mass Ordinary (Kyrie, Gloria, Sanctus and Agnus Dei). Please let us know which version you are refering to before we can answer your questions.

Here is a link to an English Setting of Missa de Angelis that I use from Time to Time.
  • Hi, robbil.
    A few users at scribd.com (trial accounts free) have shared their copies of the 1981 Solesmes book Liber Cantualis Comitante Organo, which includes the organ accompaniment for all the mass ordinary settings given in the slimmer volume Liber Cantualis: I, IV, VIII, IX, XI, XVII, Requiem, and Credos I and III. Tradition and the liturgical calendar favor certain masses for certain occasions (e.g. Mass XI for Sundays in Ordinary Time). These recommendations are usually found in the books themselves; current norms for choirs singing in St. Peter's are in this pdf.
    Thanked by 1bonniebede
  • Robbil,

Welcome to the Forum.

Happy Feast of the Holy Innocents. (It's December 28th as I write this).

When you say

modern music sheets with chords for Sung Holy Mass

do you mean a) printed music using modern notation to accompany Gregorian chant ordinaries; or b) printed modern music with accompanying guitar chords?
    Thanked by 2canadash eft94530
  • BruceL