Played a funeral this morning
  • The call came in a few days ago, the woman's grandmother had passed away and the family wanted a string quartet because her grandfather was a violinist. She was a mess, but had everything ready for us. We get there, and the poor thing is about eight months pregnant. She did the eulogy and sang with us for the offertory. I didn't even know these people but couldn't help but be overwhelmed and on the verge of tears myself, having lost my own grandma a year ago. My heart just went out to this family, I can't imagine enduring such a loss right before Christmas. I'm thankful God had us be a part of their service, and thankful for His gift of music. Afterwards I spoke with the organist, who knows my boss at the work church and also knows my husband. He is the director at a church very close to my house and I told him about my practice dilemma, and I may have finally found a place to practice that doesn't require forty minutes of travel. An unexpected and relieving gift for sure..Onward to Christmas.
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    God moves in mysterious ways His wonders to perform.