I have new choir!
  • I am very excited and share this as a request for prayer, and or any advice from you experienced people out there.
    We have priest in a local parish who wants a completely sung Mass every Sunday (though he is willing for that to be a project which might take years to achieve).
    I have been working with one of their parishioners who has brought her kids to our schola for 6-9's, and she will be starting their schola in January. These younger ones learn music a la the ward method and do adoration.
    I am going to get to do the parallel group, 10's and upwards . The current plan is to take the kids on a weekday afternoon for music and Adoration, then after a while, they will form the choir for the sung Mass, along with other adults, and their parents, a sort of family choir, which is something I have tried before.
    This gives me a chance to implement the continuation of the work I have started with our younger schola. Unfortunately in the parish where i started, the family mass choir was axed when a priest was reassigned, and the mass schedule re-jigged, so now in this other parish i will get the chance to work with the older age group, and develop the next logical steps for this work.
    i am hoping to be able to develop a through flowing program, of Music ad Eucharistic Adoration, which provides a certain catechesis, which can be implemented easily in other parishes who wish to help their youth and improve their liturgy.
    All sounds great, but it will be a lot of work!
    Please pray for me!
  • BenBen
    That's great! keep up the good work!
    Thanked by 1bonniebede
  • donr
    Prayers being offered. Good luck.
    Thanked by 1bonniebede
  • CharlesW
    Prayers for you!
    Thanked by 1bonniebede
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    What wonderful news! Blessings on your work!
    Thanked by 1bonniebede
  • francis
    Saint Cecilia we invoke your intercession.
    Thanked by 1bonniebede
  • kenstb
    May God bless you and your good work. I am praying for you and the children.
    Thanked by 1bonniebede
  • Please pray for us today - we are starting our new choir (upper and lower schola) today. Recruitment has gone very well. Please pray that there are sufficient adults today, as the flu has hit our team, and also that the children will be inspired by a vision for prayer and music.
    Thanks
    Thanked by 2canadash CHGiffen
  • SalieriSalieri
    This is wonderful news -- not about the flu, but about the new choir -- best of luck with this noble and worthy endeavor!
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • Tanks it went really well, great turnout, now to see how many come back!
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • PhatFlute
    I have A new choir ...
    Thanked by 1bonniebede
  • PhatFlute
    And I will pry for you and the good of the choir. Know the God will be happy to hear the phrase,
    Ph
    Thanked by 1bonniebede
  • And I will pry for you also has a missing A.

Since the writer is not from the USA, there is a chance that she does have new choir. In that general region people seem to say, "We go to hospital."
    Thanked by 1bonniebede