That gig posting...
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    Quartet Tenor or Bass Needed - Jan 2, 2016 - Madison, WI

Yanke.

You should tell everyone who is getting married at this SOLEMN HIGH PONTIFICAL NUPTIAL MASS AT THE THRONE.
    Thanked by 2igneus Ben
  • matthewjmatthewj

-All sorts of incorrect information and things about Wood were here-

Also will Aristotle use the zymbelstern?

• matthewjmatthewj
    Also is there a zymbelstern?
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    Yanke's posting specifically said "throne."

Oh how I wish it was "faldstool." What a delightful word.
    Thanked by 1Ben
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood
    Also zymbelstern. Delightful.
  • BenBen
    MELOCHE

MY WEDDING IS A PONTIFICAL MASS AT THE THRONE. Masses at the faldstool are for SLACKERS.

Also, there is no zymbelstern in our organ. Unless you want to arrive early and install one. There is one stop on the organ that does nothing right now...
  • matthewjmatthewj
    I would have come had I known there would be a throne.
  • BenBen
    Likely story.
  • CharlesW
    There is one stop on the organ that does nothing right now...

Dang!!! I needed that stop to play the Fantasia and Fugue on Here I Am Lord.
  • ryandryand
    I just tried to do a fugue on Here I Am Lord and realized that it's the freaking theme to Jurassic Park.
    Thanked by 2Adam Wood Ben
  • CharlesW
    I just tried to do a fugue on Here I Am Lord and realized that it's the freaking theme to Jurassic Park.

ROFL. Also the Brady Bunch theme song.
  • Adam WoodAdam Wood

I suddenly like it a lot more.
    Thanked by 1Ben
  • matthewjmatthewj
    THE movie of our childhoods.
    Thanked by 1Adam Wood
  • BenBen
    Only for you old people, Matthew and Adam.
    Thanked by 1canadash
  • matthewjmatthewj
    Wood is older than me... I just look older than Wood.
  • melofluentmelofluent
    THE movie of our childhoods.

I appropriated JAWS to be the spur for Wendy giving late birth for my first tochter.
    But count yerself lucky, MJM, the childhood movie for CDub, Chuck, Ralph an' me has to be OLD YELLER. Argghhhh....
    Thanked by 1CHGiffen
  • CharlesW
    Actually, the movie I remember is "Some Like It Hot." "Old Yeller" is one I saw much later in my late teens. Marilyn Monroe was much better looking than that dog.
  • CHGiffenCHGiffen
    Young'ns all of you! ... "The Day the Earth Stood Still" (1951), "The Man from Planet X" (1951), and also in 1951 with James Arness in the title role, "The Thing (from another world)" ... the latter movie being the one movie that gave me a few nightmares. Of course, there were the Cecil B. DeMille classics, "Samson and Delilah" I(1949) with Victor Mature, "The Greatest Show on Earth" (1952) with Jimmy Stewart, and "The Ten Commandments" (1956) with what's-his-name. By that time, this teenager had moved on to Elivs, "Love Me Tender" (1956) and "Jailhouse Rock" (1957). Oh, that's when "Old Yeller" (1957) came out and the "Some Like It Not" (1959). Agree with CDubya about the dog versus Marilyn Monroe.
    Thanked by 2eft94530 CCooze